If you’re serious about investing in your skincare and want to use only the best products, then Perricone MD is an excellent choice. This brand is a veteran when it comes to skin health and anti-aging, as they’ve been in the business for decades. But do they test on animals? Is Perricone MD cruelty-free?
Perricone MD is cruelty-free. They have assured customers that they don’t do any animal testing on their ingredients or products, and neither do they believe in the practice.
Perricone MD also states they conduct no animal testing on the raw materials that they use. Neither do any of their suppliers.
You can rest easy using Perricone MD, knowing that they are cruelty-free. You need not feel any guilt about spending on something that’s great for your skin health and has been proven safe without harming any lab animal!
Continue reading to learn more about Perricone MD and their cruelty-free policy and some of our top picks for cruelty-free Perricone MD products.
Also, for an excellent Perricone MD product, take a look at our top pick, the Perricone MD Multi-Action Overnight Intensive Firming Mask:
Is Perricone MD Cruelty-free?
Since its inception in 1997, initially called Clinical Creations, Perricone MD has been vigorously promoting a holistic approach to skin health.
Founder and dermatologist Dr. Nicholas Perricone believes in the philosophy that skincare is all about a combination of an anti-inflammatory diet, nutritional supplements, and innovative skincare products that need not undergo animal testing.
Following over two decades of being on the market, Perricone MD continues to be a strong name in the higher-end beauty products niche, boasting a vast selection of skincare creations ranging from “no makeup” makeup-foundation to more complex age-defying formulations.
But no matter how varied and wide their creations have evolved, one thing remains: Perricone MD is cruelty-free.
Quite impressively, Perricone MD confidently tells the world that they have everything we need for powerful results. And that implies that whatever skin or aging issues are bothering us, Perricone MD will have the answer – in any of its revolutionary, results-driven, cruelty-free products.
What Is Perricone MD’s Cruelty-free Policy?
We’ve done some research on Perricone MD’s cruelty-free policy, and we’ve gathered, based on information verified by some skin experts, that Perricone MD attests to the following:
- They do not test any of their raw ingredients on animals.
- They do not test any of their products on animals.
- Their suppliers’ raw materials are not tested on animals.
- Even on their behalf, they do not hire, ask, or instruct any third party to test their ingredients or products on animals.
- Although they sell their products to China (where it’s mandated by law to do animal-testing on imported cosmetics purchased in bulk), items ordered from Perricone MD and shipped directly by Perricone MD to the buyers are not required to be tested on animals.
The Importance of Being Cruelty-free
A lot of people still don’t bother thinking about where the skincare products they consume come from before buying them.
But for quite a while now, with more realizations that animals need to be treated with kindness just as human beings do, shielding them from harm and being cruelty-free has become more vital than ever.
And while there are still brands that have not embraced the cruelty-free principle in the way they run their business, we’d like to point out why consumers should steer clear of animal-tested products:
- For the sake of the animals – testing on animals is unnecessary and cruel. Like people, they are living and breathing sentient beings and they deserve to co-exist with us peacefully, without being inflicted with suffering and meeting untimely death just so a product or ingredient can be tested. Science gives us other alternatives to do our research and studies without causing pain and suffering.
- For the sake of the environment – animal-testing facilities bring about a substantial amount of waste products that are often harmful to people and the environment. These sites that are not cruelty-free breed, test on and discard lab animals to create their formulations before declaring the finished products as ‘safe’.
- For the sake of our skin – it has been proven by research and studies that cruelty-free products are generally safer and therefore less harmful to use as they are usually made of all-natural ingredients. Since they’ve not been tested on animals who are ‘living things’ like people, there’s a greater chance that only minimal to zero strong chemicals can be found.
Our Top Picks: Perricone MD’s Cruelty-free Products
We have hand-picked our top recommendations from Perricone MD’s list of beauty products – and of course, they are all cruelty-free.
We know that there are so many formulations available where each promises to deliver results, but we think that the following choices are practical ‘essentials’ for your skincare needs:
- Neuropeptide Necolletage Mask
- Vitamin C Ester Serum
- Essential Fx Acyl-Glutathione – Eyelid Lift Serum
- Cold Plasma Plus+ – Advanced Serum Concentrate
- Cold Plasma Plus+ Eye – Natural Hydrating Eye Cream
- Hydrogen Cloud Cream
1. Perricone MD Neuropeptide Necolletage Mask
Perricone MD Multi-Action Overnight Intensive Firming Mask on Amazon is a cruelty-free revolutionary skin treatment that is non-greasy and targets the décolletage (low neckline) and neck, which are prone to having signs of aging other than the face.
The majority of its users who have been applying it for a month have reported significant improvements in the appearance of their skin.
Aside from wrinkles and lines, this product aims to address the skin’s loss of elasticity, discoloration, and dryness, leaving your skin smoother and younger-looking.
2. Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Serum
Boost your morning skincare ritual with this cruelty-free, Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Serum on Amazon.
Called the ‘multi-tasking serum,’ it works not just on the face but also on the eyelids and lips, easily boosting the skin’s radiance. Its lightweight formulation is potent, very stable, and acts as a non-irritating antioxidant.
What you’ll get is skin that appears plumper, more hydrated, and supple. Your skin will also benefit by achieving a more even and glowing complexion.
3. Perricone MD Essential Fx Acyl-Glutathione – Eyelid Lift Serum
If you’re after a powerful treatment for your eyelid area, then Perricone MD’s Essential Fx Acyl-Glutathione Eyelid Lift Serum on Amazon is your solution.
This cruelty-free serum is lightweight that it absorbs fast. It contains vitamin F (omega-6 fat) to replace lost moisture and create a more even-textured surface. This preps the eyelids well for cosmetic application.
The serum penetrates the eyelid creases and noticeably works to smooth and lift them up while softening the appearance of lines, wrinkles, dark circles, and discoloration.
4. Perricone M.D. – Cold Plasma Plus+ – Advanced Serum Concentrate
This cruelty-free Cold Plasma Plus+ Advanced Serum Concentrate on Amazon contains a so-called proprietary liquid crystal delivery system that facilitates absorption and penetration in the skin.
It has copper tri-peptides for elasticity, vitamin C ester to target dark spots, and omega 3, 6, and 9 for smoother skin.
This jar is said to do it all as its goals are to give you visibly healthy and youthful-looking skin, even texture and skin tone, finer pores and wrinkles, and firmer skin in general.
To learn more about the cruelty-free Perricone Cold Plasma Plus, see the below video:
5. Perricone MD Cold Plasma Plus+ Eye – Natural Hydrating Eye Cream
Another ‘multi-tasking’ formulation from Perricone MD is their Cold Plasma Plus+ Eye – Natural Hydrating Eye Cream on Amazon.
Using the same proprietary liquid crystal delivery system, its active ingredients like copper tri-peptides, omegas 3, 6, and 9, and vitamin C Ester easily penetrate the skin once applied.
This cruelty-free eye cream targets the dark circles around the eyes, puffiness, lines, and crow’s feet, allowing the skin around the eye area to be firmer, smoother, and even-toned.
6. Perricone MD Hydrogen Cloud Cream
Perricone MD Hydrogen Cloud Cream is a cruelty-free, fragrance-free, and ultra-lightweight cream formulated with hyaluronic acid to provide powerful moisturizing effects and protection against harmful elements.
Its proprietary H2 Energy Complex helps revitalize tired-looking skin while it has antioxidants that nourish and energize.
It gives you fast and intense 24-hour hydration, resulting in noticeably brighter, smoother, and brighter skin.
Conclusion: Is Perricone MD Cruelty-free?
So is Perricone MD cruelty-free? Many cosmetic brands have long abandoned the practice of testing on animals, whether because it’s against the law of the state or country within which their company operates or simply because they care about animals and don’t believe in harming them.
Perricone MD is one great example of a results-driven skincare brand that is cruelty-free. That simply means that they don’t test their ingredients and products on animals, and neither do they believe in the practice of animal testing.
That certainly is good news to its consumers and people who are thinking of switching brands, as they can all be assured of getting only high-quality, safe, and effective products.